IMPORTANT INFORMATION / SCHOOL UPDATES
As a precautionary measure we would like to share with you the current NHS advice on the Corona Virus or COVID-19 illness. However, this advice is being updated frequently and updates can be found using the following links to ensure you access the most up to date advice and guidance:
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least one of these symptoms.You can still spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.
How to stop infection spreading
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with coronavirus. Please also refer to the NHS and gov.uk website for up to date information and guidance.
What to do if you need medical help
If you need medical help for any reason, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
If you have symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature or a new, continuous cough), use the 111 coronavirus service.
- Parenting during Covid-19 - Support and advice from Triple P available here
- Some helpful tips here on supporting behaviour at home during Covid-19 and what can be a stressful time.
- Here is some advice for Parents and Carers in relation to supporting children with worries about Coronovirus.
- This picture ebook available here may offer further support to children in this area.