Year 4 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Year Four
We hope you enjoy visiting our Year 4 page which shows the exciting learning that happens in our classrooms. Click on the links below and take a look at the photographs to see what we've been up to. Please follow us on Twitter @CanonYearFour for daily updates and reminders.
Our topic this half term is:
We are working on a PSHE based curriculum this half term, which includes reading the book 'The Invisible String' as well as work around the Disney film 'Inside Out'.
A link to the story is below for you to enjoy together at home.
Our Maths focus this half term is Place Value.
Our English focus this half term is 'Runaways' by Jim Eldridge, a story set in Victorian Times.
Children in Y4 are expected to complete the following learning at home;
* Read/share a book at home four times a week (this includes their school reading book and other books from home) and access their My Book Blog.
* Practise spelling the weekly common exception words or words set as a '2do' on Purple Mash.
* Complete any work set on Purple Mash for Maths and English.
* Practise times tables on TT Rockstars.
* Practise their number facts on Numbots.
Topmarks - Games and activities 7-11 Years
Oxford Owl - Free Ebook library - select any of the books in the appropriate age category.
BBC Teach - free collection for children to practice their times tables
Files to Download
Year 4: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 4: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display