Year 4 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Year Four
We hope you enjoy visiting our Year 4 page which shows the exciting learning that happens in our classrooms. Click on the links below and take a look at the photographs to see what we've been up to. Please follow us on Twitter @CanonYearFour for daily updates and reminders.
Our topic this half term is:
'I am Warrior!'
I am Warrior! I am strong, brave and powerful. Meet me in battle. Draw your sword, wield your axe and challenge me if you dare. Invade and attack. Romans versus Celts, the fight is on. Discover warring Britain: meet Claudius, Boudicca and Julius Caesar and find out what the Romans did for us. Get ready for Gladiator School and learn alongside Spartacus and Spiculus, brave fighters of the Roman Colosseum. When all that battling makes you hungry, relax, lie back and feast yourself on dormice and grapes, or perhaps a roasted swan sprinkled with nuts?
Our Maths focus for this term is Multiplication & Division followed by Measurement (Area) and then Fractions.
Our English focus this half term is play scripts, including 'The Fly and the Fool' (a Vietnamese folk tale) by Lou Kuenzler. We will then be moving onto a non fiction unit about Junior Detectives.
Children in Y4 are expected to complete the following learning at home;
* Read/share a book at home four times a week (this includes their school reading book and other books from home) and access their My Book Blog.
* Practise spelling the weekly common exception words, words set as a '2do' on Purple Mash or words from the Y4 Spelling list (In files to download below)
* Complete any work set on Purple Mash for Maths and English.
* Practise times tables on TT Rockstars.
* Practise their number facts on Numbots.
Topmarks - Games and activities 7-11 Years
Oxford Owl - Free Ebook library - select any of the books in the appropriate age category.
BBC Teach - free collection for children to practice their times tables