Year 4 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Year Four
We hope you enjoy visiting our Year 4 page which shows the exciting learning that happens in our classrooms. Click on the links below and take a look at the photographs to see what we've been up to. Please follow us on Twitter @CanonYearFour for daily updates and reminders.
Our topic this half term is:
'Traders and Raiders'.
Big and strong, powerful and brave, the Saxons wave their battle axes and brandish their swords as they begin to invade Britain’s shores. Sail back to the Dark Ages, where battles were rife and fear reigned. Find out about the lives of the Saxons, including how they lived and where they came from. Meet the bloodthirsty Vikings from Scandinavia – never before had such terror swept the land. Make a Saxon sword or a Viking brooch and decorate it with intricate patterns. Choose to be a Saxon or Viking and trade your crafty goods, but let’s keep it cool. We don’t want a fight breaking out. Are you ready to shine a light on the dangerous and deadly Dark Ages?
Children in Y4 are expected to complete the following learning at home;
* Read/share a book at home four times a week (this includes their school reading book and other books from home) and access their My Book Blog.
* Practise spelling the weekly common exception words, words set as a '2do' on Purple Mash or words from the Y4 Spelling list (In files to download below)
* Complete any work set on Purple Mash for Maths and English.
* Practise times tables on TT Rockstars.
* Practise their number facts on Numbots.
Twinkl Click the link and set up a free account with your own email address and password. Type in the offer code UKTWINKLHELPS.
Topmarks - Games and activities 7-11 Years
Oxford Owl - Free Ebook library - select any of the books in the appropriate age category.
BBC Teach - free collection for children to practice their times tables
Files to Download
Year 4: Gallery items
Year 4: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display