Year 4 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Year Four
We hope you enjoy visiting our Year 4 page which shows the exciting learning that happens in our classrooms. Click on the links below and take a look at the photographs to see what we've been up to. Please follow us on Twitter @CanonYearFour for daily updates and reminders.
Our topic this half term is:
In the Invasion project, your child will explore the effects of the Roman withdrawal and the chronology and geography of subsequent invasions. They will study the Anglo-Saxons and Vikings in detail, examining their reasons for invading, their settlements and their everyday life. Your child will also look at monasteries and the Anglo-Saxon legacy. They will consider how we know about life in this period and investigate the Sutton Hoo ship burial. They will learn about Athelstan, an Anglo-Saxon king, and what happened after his death, before ending the project by learning about the Norman invasion of 1066
Children in Y4 are expected to complete the following learning at home;
* Read/share a book at home four times a week (this includes their school reading book, library book and other books/reading materials from home) and access their My Book Blog.
* Practise spelling the weekly common exception words, words set as a '2do' on Purple Mash or words from the Y4 Spelling list (In files to download below)
* Complete any work set on Purple Mash.
* Complete any Cornerstones work set as home learning tasks.
* Practise times tables on TT Rockstars.
* Practise their number facts on Numbots.
Topmarks - Games and activities 7-11 Years
Oxford Owl - Free Ebook library - select any of the books in the appropriate age category.
BBC Teach - free collection for children to practice their times tables.
Files to Download
Year 4: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 4: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display