Year 3 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Year 3
We hope you enjoy visiting our Year 3 page which shows the exciting learning that happens in our classrooms. Click on the links below and take a look at the photographs to see what we've been up to. Please follow us on Twitter @CanonYearThree for daily updates and reminders.
Our topic this half term is:
In the Through the Ages project, your child will learn about three different periods of British prehistory: the Stone Age, Bronze Age and Iron Age. They will discover terminology relating to time and sequence dates to make a timeline. They explore the changes to people, homes and lifestyle throughout the different periods and investigate examples of prehistoric settlements, monuments, burials and artefacts in detail. They will also study how technology improved over time, including how the discovery of different metals changed the way that people lived.
Children in Y3 are expected to complete the following learning at home;
* Read/share a book at home four times a week (this includes their school reading book, library book and other books/reading materials from home) and access their My Book Blog.
* Practise spelling the weekly common exception words, words set as a '2do' on Purple Mash or words from the Y3/4 Spelling list (In files to download below)
* Complete any work set on Purple Mash for Maths and English.
* Complete any Cornerstones work set as home learning tasks.
* Practise times tables on TT Rockstars.
* Practise their number facts on Numbots.
Twinkl Click the link and set up a free account with your own email address and password. Type in the offer code UKTWINKLHELPS.
Topmarks - Games and activities 7-11 Years
Oxford Owl - Free Ebook library - select any of the books in the appropriate age category.
BBC Teach - free collection for children to practice their times tables.
Files to Download
Year 3: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display