Year 3 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 3
We hope you enjoy visiting our Year 3 page which shows the exciting learning that happens in our classrooms. Click on the links below and take a look at the photographs to see what we've been up to. Please follow us on Twitter @CanonYearThree for daily updates and reminders.
Our topic this half term is:
Rocks, Relics and Rumbles
In the Rocks, Relics and Rumbles project, your child will learn about the different layers of the Earth, including plate tectonics and their potential effects on the Earth's surface. They will investigate different types of rock to learn about their uses and properties. They will also investigate soil and fossils, including learning about the work of Mary Anning. They will have the opportunity to use maps to learn about the lines of latitude and longitude and a compass to learn about the cardinal and intercardinal points. They will also learn about volcanoes, earthquakes and tsunamis and the long and short-term consequences that these can have.
Children in Y3 are expected to complete the following learning at home;
* Read/share a book at home four times a week (this includes their school reading book, library book and other books/reading materials from home) and access their My Book Blog.
* Practise spelling the weekly common exception words, words set as a '2do' on Purple Mash or words from the Y3/4 Spelling list (In files to download below)
* Complete any work set on Purple Mash for Maths and English.
* Complete any Cornerstones work set as home learning tasks.
* Practise times tables on TT Rockstars.
Topmarks - Games and activities 7-11 Years
Oxford Owl - Free Ebook library - select any of the books in the appropriate age category.
BBC Teach - free collection for children to practice their times tables.
Files to Download
Year 3: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 3: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display